Features of International Business Bank Accounts
Setting up a business bank account is an elementary part of establishing a business built for success. There are many regulations to bear in mind and you would have an advantage by drawing on the experience of our GBO experts.
Choosing Where to Set Up a Business Bank Account
It is possible to open a business bank account in a number of banks and financial institutions around the world including Europe. It is important to establish a strong connection with your bank and ensure that your bank understands your business and your financial needs. Not all banks are created equally; some banks offer excellent services but astronomical fees while others may offer low fees but not give you the full-service banking experience.
You need to consider the fee structure; convenience; accessibility; personal attention; any special business account packages the bank may offer and if you will be able to negotiate your bank account package further down the line. An important point to remember is that not all banks will accept all types of business activity. For example some banks restrict accounts to brick-and-mortar establishments and others do not accept gaming businesses. Shop around before settling on the bank where you will set up your business bank account – compare services and fees.
Must-Have Features of a Business Bank Account:
- Bank Cards – Business prepaid debit cards are a secure and convenient way to pay for services and goods and make withdrawals from ATMs in multiple currencies across the globe.
- Unique IBAN – Set up a business bank account where you are provided with dedicated IBANs under the name of your business and in multiple currencies.
- Currency Exchange – The best business bank accounts will allow for real-time currency exchange at competitive rates. An international business with customers and suppliers in several countries must have a business bank account where transactions can be made in several currencies.
- Mass Payments – Choose a virtual IBAN account where you have the option to easily make mass payments to employees, affiliates and suppliers. You should be able to make payments of any amount and in multiple currencies.
- Account Features – With an international business bank account you should be able to send/receive funds around the world in multiple currencies; make payments using your company’s dedicated IBANs; conduct currency conversions easily and manage your account remotely in a secure, fast and efficient manner.
It is quite difficult today to open business bank accounts in Europe to for companies in many fields including:
- Digital advertising
- Hi-Tech start-ups
- Online businesses
How and where to order a company prepaid card online
Many convenient stores nowadays sell prepaid debit cards. One option for purchasing a prepaid debit card, therefore, is to go into a brick-and-mortar store and purchase a card using a check. A second option is to purchase a prepaid card online – this is perhaps the more accommodating and easier method. Before choosing your desired card provider it is essential to compare the fees that are associated with various card providers thus making sure that your chosen debit card provider befits your financial needs and capabilities. Beware of fishing websites and unknown card-brands and choose more familiar brands and well-established providers. The online application process is very easy and no credit check is in order.
In order to apply for a company prepaid card, you ought to open a corporate bank account online. Depending on the type and size of your business, this will necessitate some personal information (Social Security Number or Business Tax Identification Number, Business License specifying both business and owner’s name, Business name filing document, etc). Once your request is approved, a prepaid debit card will be sent to you within 7-10 business days.
Recommended for you