We will assist you to obtain your Malta gaming license
GBO has been helping companies obtain Malta Online Gaming Licenses since 2009, and we can assist you in the application process to ensure a smooth and efficient experience. We offer a range of services, including company formation, assistance with obtaining bank accounts and merchant accounts, and other corporate support.
The costs associated with obtaining a gaming license from the Malta Gaming Authority (MGA) can vary depending on the type of license being applied for and the specific circumstances of the company applying for the license.
Speak with our experts about your Malta Gaming License,
WhatsApp / Telegram us: +972504938469, email us: [email protected]
MGA license costs
The MGA offers a number of different types of gaming licenses, including licenses for casino games, sports betting, and lottery. The costs associated with each type of license can vary, with some licenses requiring higher fees than others.
In general, the costs associated with obtaining a gaming license from the MGA can include:
- Application fees: These fees are paid when a company submits its application for a gaming license. The fees are based on the type of license being applied for and can range from a few hundred euros to several thousand euros.
- Annual fees: Once a gaming license has been granted, companies are required to pay annual fees to the MGA to maintain their license. The amount of the annual fee is based on the type of license being held and the size of the company.
- Other costs: In addition to application and annual fees, companies may also incur other costs associated with obtaining a gaming license, such as legal fees, accounting fees, and other professional services.
It is important to note that the costs associated with obtaining a gaming license in Malta may change over time, and it is best to contact the MGA directly for the most up-to-date information on the costs of obtaining a gaming license.
A Malta gambling license enables businesses to run online gambling and gaming services lawfully inside the EU. It is the duty of the Malta Gaming Authority (MGA) to grant and oversee these licenses.
A Malta gaming license has the following qualities:
- the capacity to provide a variety of online gaming and gambling services, such as poker, casino games, and sports betting.
the capability of taking on clients from other EU nations.
- rigorous laws that are intended to safeguard players and ensure fair and responsible gambling are followed.
a mandated need for license holders to maintain a physical presence in Malta, complete with a workplace and employees.
- Inspections and audits on a regular basis to verify that license holders are adhering to rules.
- a prerequisite that license holders have respectable standing and sufficient financial means.
- a procedure for resolving conflicts and client complaints.
- It’s vital to remember that those who possess gambling licenses from Malta must also abide by all applicable laws and rules of other nations in which they conduct business, including prohibitions against money laundering.
There are multiple classes of Malta gambling licenses available, and each class entitles the holder to offer a particular kind of remote gaming services. It’s crucial to choose the right class for your unique business model because each class has its own set of laws and regulations.
Advantages of Malta gaming license
Malta is a popular jurisdiction for obtaining a gaming license because it offers a number of advantages to companies operating in the online gaming industry. Some of the benefits of obtaining a gaming license in Malta include:
- Malta is a member of the European Union and has a reputation for being a business-friendly jurisdiction. This makes it an attractive location for companies looking to operate in the EU.
- The Maltese gaming regulatory authority, the Malta Gaming Authority (MGA), is known for its strict but fair regulatory environment. This helps to ensure that companies operating in Malta are operating in a transparent and responsible manner.
- Malta has a well-developed infrastructure, including a highly skilled and educated workforce, making it an ideal location for companies in the gaming industry.
- The MGA offers a number of different types of gaming licenses, including licenses for casino games, sports betting, and lottery. This allows companies to choose the license that best fits their business model.
- Malta has a favorable tax regime for gaming companies, with low corporate tax rates and a range of tax incentives for businesses operating in the industry.
- Malta is a politically stable and secure location, which is important for companies operating in the gaming industry.
Overall, obtaining a gaming license in Malta can offer a number of advantages to companies looking to operate in the online gaming industry.
Main features of Malta gaming license
Malta is a small island nation in the Mediterranean Sea that is known for its favorable tax regime and its well-developed gaming industry. The Malta Gaming Authority (MGA) is the regulatory body responsible for issuing gaming licenses and overseeing the gaming industry in Malta.
Some of the main features of a Malta gaming license include:
- Broad scope: A Malta gaming license allows businesses to offer a wide range of gaming activities, including online casino, sports betting, and lottery.
- Strict requirements: The MGA has strict requirements for companies seeking a Malta gaming license, including financial and technical requirements, as well as strict anti-money laundering and player protection measures.
- Tax benefits: Malta offers a number of tax benefits for gaming businesses, including a 5% corporate tax rate and a number of double tax treaty agreements.
- Reputation: Malta has a well-established and respected gaming industry, which can help to enhance the reputation of businesses operating in the jurisdiction.
- Support services: The MGA offers a range of support services for businesses operating in the gaming industry, including technical support, legal advice, and access to a network of industry experts.
It is important to note that obtaining a Malta gaming license can be a complex and time-consuming process, and it is always a good idea to seek the guidance of a qualified lawyer or professional advisor.
The B2C license, B2B license, and Skill Games license are just a few of the different gaming licenses that Malta offers.
The B2C (Business-to-Consumer) license is for companies that provide gamers with direct access to remote gaming services. It covers licenses for lotteries, casinos, and sportsbooks. The initial application price and yearly fee for this license are both €2,330 and €6,660, respectively. Operators must pay a tax on gross gaming income (GGR), which is currently set at 5% for sports betting and 0.5% for casino games, in addition to the license costs.
The B2B (Business-to-Business) license is for companies that offer other licensed companies remote gaming platforms and applications. The initial application price and yearly renewal fees for this license are each €1,165. Holders of B2B licenses are also to a tax on GGR, which is currently set at 5%.
Operators who provide players with skill-based games, such as poker, are required to hold a Skill Games license. The initial application price and yearly fee for this license are both €2,330 and €6,660, respectively. Licensees of Skill Games are subject to a 5% GGR tax, which is currently in effect.
It’s important to keep in mind that the Malta Gaming Authority (MGA) may impose extra costs for particular game or service categories, such as €1,165 for a live dealer casino studio. MGA may also perform inspections on-site and charge fees for these inspections.
In order to promote fair and responsible gaming, the MGA has established severe rules and requirements that all license holders in Malta must adhere to.