Do you need to find the best digital banking services in the UK? We’ve got you covered
Here is a list of the ten best banking app UK that you need to know about.
1. Which ones are the best banking app in UK?
In 2022, over 90% of the British population will use digital banking services on a day-to-day basis. Prior to the pandemic in 2020, this number was only 78%, reflecting a big boost over the last couple of years.
And with the immense popularity boost for digital banks, several new apps have appeared in the marketplace. This leaves you wondering – which is the best banking app UK? Do they all offer the same features? The same rates? The same ease of sign up? The same customer satisfaction level? No, not really.
Not all banking apps were created equal, and some of them have unique features that might cater to your interests better than others. For one, you might want to focus on good accessibility – something the best banking app in Europe won’t fail to offer. In this article, we’ll explore the features of the ten best apps so that you can find the best banking app UK that works for you.
2. Top 10 mobile banks apps in UK
Let’s now take a look at the top 10 mobile banks apps in the UK:
Monese – As mentioned earlier, Monese lets you sign up for an account in a matter of minutes. So if you travel frequently and don’t have a permanent address, you can still have a working bank account.
N26 – N26 helps you open a bank account in only minutes, like Monese. It also offers protection up to deposits of €100,000 and is compatible with Google and Apple Pay.
Fidor – Fidor has a €5 monthly fee that can be waived away if you’re making over ten transactions a month. It also has advanced security features and an online community that you can be a part of.
First Direct – First Direct lets you have all the insights into your spending and is coming up with great new features to improve the app very soon.
Hello Bank – The standout feature from Hello Bank is the ability to adjust your credit and debit limits in only a few taps to accommodate big expenses.
NatWest – The NatWest app allows you to withdraw cash without a card. It also helps you manage various kinds of insurance with a few taps, and lock your credit cards if needed.
Revolut – One of the best parts about Revolut is its vast rewards program, alongside the all-metal card you get. It also offers various insurance options that you can benefit from.
Monzo – Monzo, lets you have a shared bank account with another user. It also lets you receive your salary a day early and allows you to sort your balance into different categories through the app.
Starling – Starling is one of the most popular banks in the UK, and for a good reason. It provides 0.05% AER on balances up to £85,000, and also charges no fees for spending in other countries.
3. What are the best mobile banks in UK 2023?
Already thinking ahead towards the best mobile bank UK in 2023?
The digital banking industry is expected to grow by 5% this year. Moreover, user demands are also expected to change – with features like spend management, saving pots, card management becoming more in demand.
As some companies start to integrate these features, they will be better suited as the best mobile banks in 2023. So, here is the list of banks that you should look out for:
- First Direct
- Hello Bank
The top 10 best mobile bank UK are all equipped to handle day-to-day banking tasks very well. They also provide a great user experience, and features that make them really popular among people.
4. What is the best mobile banking app UK in 2022?
The best mobile banking app UK for you will depend on the features you’re on the lookout for.
- If you need a digital app that provides core banking services free of cost, then Starling Bank is the best fit for you.
- Don’t mind paying for an account? And are fond of rewards? Try Revolut. They also provide you with a very cool all-metal contactless card that you can use anywhere.
- Maybe you’re looking for the best mobile banking app UK that will help you get your salary a day early. In that case, Monzo is the app that you should be going for.
- Lastly, if you’re looking to get started quickly and don’t want to submit a ton of annoying paperwork, then go for Monese. All you need is your email address, phone number and a quick video selfie to sign up.
5. What are the banks with the best mobile apps in UK?
The best mobile apps in UK are the ones with the best features, security, and user experience for their customers.
6. What are the most popular bank apps in UK?
Since their formation in 2014 and 2015, Starling and Monzo are two of the most popular banks in the UK. Both provide easy and free sign-ups, and an immense number of features. If you’re looking for a good customer service and easy sign-ups, they are the ones to go for.
There are several benefits to using a banking app in the UK:
- Convenience: Banking apps allow you to manage your finances and make payments from your phone or tablet, so you can do your banking anytime and anywhere.
- Security: Banking apps often offer secure login options, such as biometric authentication or one-time passcodes, to help protect your account from unauthorized access.
- Easy budgeting: Many banking apps offer budgeting tools and spending tracking features, which can help you keep track of your spending and stay on top of your finances.
- Ease of use: Banking apps are generally easy to use, with clear, intuitive interfaces that make it simple to manage your accounts and make payments.
Time-saving: Banking apps can save you time by allowing you to complete tasks, such as paying bills or transferring money, quickly and easily.
- Low or no fees: Some banking apps, such as those offered by challenger banks, may not charge fees for certain transactions, such as foreign currency exchanges or ATM withdrawals.
It’s difficult for me to recommend a specific banking app as the best option, as different apps may be better suited for different individuals and their needs.
Some factors to consider when looking for a banking app include:
- Fees: Check to see if the app charges any fees for its services, such as account maintenance fees or transaction fees.
- Available features: Consider what features are important to you and make sure the app offers them, such as the ability to pay bills, deposit checks, or transfer money to other accounts.
- Compatibility: Make sure the app is compatible with your device and operating system.
It’s a good idea to do some research and compare several banking apps to find one that meets your needs and preferences. You may also want to consider asking friends and family for recommendations or reading online reviews to get a sense of what others think of a particular app.
Digital banking has completely changed the way the industry works. Banks now offer a lot of additional benefits and rewards to their customers that you should be on the lookout for. Based on the discussion above, you can now choose the digital app that works best based on your requirements.
Recommended for you