Starling Bank Review
Starling is a full-feature digital bank; one of the leading challenger banks which can simplify how you manage your money using innovative technology. This award-winning financial institution was founded in 2014 and is based in the UK. Starling Bank is fully-licensed and designed to meet the needs of today’s customers but with the security and service of traditional banks. This bank prides itself on ethical practices; inclusivity and technology for the future. As an independent, privately-owned company Starling answers to no parent bank and has been able to create customer-centric bank products.
Products and Services of Starling Bank:
- Open and manage your Starling accounts directly from the bank’s app.
- Customers get a current account, debit card and app.
- Use Starling to budget, save and understand your money.
- No monthly fees.
- No fees overseas from Starling.
- Sign-up for a Starling online account in minutes directly from the app.
- Instant notifications and insights on how you are spending your money.
- Interest on your real-time balance.
- Starling offers four account types – personal, business, joint and Euro.
- Innovative payment services propositions for business account holders.
- You can deposit or withdraw cash from your Starling account at your local post office.
- Disable your cards directly from the bank’s app if your card has been stolen or lost.
- Disable contactless or chip & pin payments when you want to.
- Create savings goals in “Spaces” and add money to Spaces when you want or schedule payments.
- Send payments to other Starling account holders in your vicinity using Nearby Payments.
- Send funds using Faster Payments.
Do you Need to Undergo a Credit Check when Opening a Starling Account?
Yes, credit checks are obligatory by law for new account holders. Starling credit checks are made at a UK Credit Reference Agency and the results are kept on file so any credit debt will be transparent.
How Long Does It Take to Have a New Starling Account Verified?
The verification process usually takes 3-5 working days depending on various factors. However, there is no need to wait to receive your card; just add your card to Google Pay or Apple Pay on the Starling app.
Is Starling Accessible Online?
Starling’s award-winning mobile app can be used by everyone but at present only business account holders can access Starling online.
Can Money be Transferred from Starling Bank to Another Bank?
Ideally you should make Starling your main bank account where you can transfer your salary or bank balance and set-up direct debit and other payments. You can also make bank transfers from another bank to your Starling account and make cash withdrawals or deposits at UK post offices. It is easy to transfer funds seamlessly between your different Starling accounts.
Is Your Money Protected at Starling Bank?
Starling Bank is covered by FSCS, the Financial Services Compensation Scheme. The total of all of your eligible deposits at Starling are protected up to 85,000GBP